As the New Year 2022 is drawing close, new resolutions are being set up, midnight fun is anticipated, and that perfect night out with friends and family is being planned. All of this happens only once a year, and most of us plan a fun-filled evening of drinking and partying. So, where should you be when the clock strikes midnight on December 31st? Drinking or partying all night?
We recommend that you travel and explore the world to give the new year a feisty and hearty welcome. And if it's the costs that bother you, don't worry! What's better than IRCTC train booking online and enjoying a serene train journey amidst such uncertain times? We mapped India for you and have compiled a list of the best places along with a comprehensive plan to reach there to celebrate your New Year 2022.
Goa is India's most popular destination for New Year's Eve celebrations. This pocket-sized paradise is one of the best places to celebrate the New Year. The magnificent beaches, throngs of exuberant tourists, pleasant weather, and distinct culture make Goa appear to be the ideal place to ring in the new year. The combination of nature's beauty and colourful culture here is enough to set the mood for a celebration.
How to reach
Goa has developed rail routes that easily connect the city with other cities. There are two prominent railway stations in Goa, which are Madgaon Railway Station and Vasco-da-Gama Railway Station. Konkan Railway, which is located at Margao, operates trains between Mumbai and Panaji. It also operates trains to other destinations as well. The Nizamuddin Goa Express is the only train that has access from the South Central Railway. It departs from Delhi and reaches Goa via Pune.
Wherever you are traveling from, go to the Trainman IRCTC travel booking site and search your city name in the menu to know about all the available routes.
Enjoy the upcoming New Year in Udaipur, the 'City of Lakes.' It is one of the best ways to spend time with your loved ones. You can plan a trip to the city to see palatial palaces and wander through markets to find unique souvenirs. Witness the fine flavours of the royal lifestyle and countryside vibes, as well as some fantastic New Year's Eve parties.
How to reach
Udaipur railway station is well-connected to all the major Indian railway stations. With trains traveling throughout the day, you can book IRCTC train tickets online on any day to enjoy your travel journey. Udaipur lies on a vast network of rail that connects it to major cities in India such as Jaipur, Delhi, Kolkata, Indore, Mumbai and Kota. Some of the popular trains that run daily are Mewar Express, Gwalior-Udaipur Express, Bandra-Udaipur SF Express, Chetak Express and Ananya Express.
Gokarna, a laid-back town, is an ideal destination for some idealistic time. The town is 500 kilometres from Bangalore and is surrounded by natural beauty. Kundle Beach in Gokarna is a great place to relax on the sands. Gokarna is a great off-the-beaten-path travel destination because of the calm sea waves, beautiful views of the Western Ghats on one side, and serenity all around. The beach shacks serve delicious seafood. Visit Om Beach, Half Moon Beach, and Paradise Beach while in Gokarna for a memorable vacation.
How to reach
The nearest railway station is at Ankola, about 20 km from Gokarna. Trains from several cities including Mangalore, Mumbai, Thiruvananthapuram and halt at the Veraval station. From the station, taxi services are available for Gokarna.
Gokarna is well-connected with 8 trains regularly stopping at the Gokarna railway station with an average stop time of 2 minutes. If you want to book train tickets online to Gokarna, you can check the available tickets on the trainman app available for both iOS and Android. Matsyagandha Express (12620) and Matsyagandha Express (12619) are the two most popular traveller’s choices.
Gir National Park, Gujarat
The park fulfils all of your wildlife fantasies. It is Asiatic Lions' only natural habitat. The park's sparse vegetation allows tourists to get an unobstructed view of these magnificent beasts. It is extremely rare for someone to return to Gir without seeing a Lion. Apart from lions, Gir National Park is home to a large population of Asiatic wild ass, hyenas, brown fish owls, blackbuck, and other species
How to reach
The nearest railway stations to Gir National Park are Junagadh (80 km) and Veraval (72 km). Along with that, Rajkot railway station, situated at a distance of almost 165km from the Gir forest is also an ideal option. These are some of the major stations and operate trains to all the major cities of the country.
Watching the sunrise behind snow-capped mountains is always a surreal experience, and if you plan a trip to Gangtok, this dream could come true. With a walk along the M.G Road, you can almost feel the mountain breeze rushing against your face. Take a road trip to Nathula Pass and other Sikkim wonders to soak in the beauty of the mountains.
How to reach
The nearest railway station to Gangtok is the New Jalpaiguri railway station in Siliguri. New Jalpaiguri and Gangtok are at a distance of 124 km from each other. The railway station is well-connected to major cities like Kolkata, New Delhi and Chennai.
It is the busiest railway station serving the North-Eastern states of India and connects them to the prime cities of India as well as neighbouring countries of Bhutan, Nepal, and Bangladesh. Major trains operated by the station include Rajdhani Express, Shatabdi Express and Sampark Kranti Express.
Indian Railways introduces South Indian Special trains on Christmas, New Year
Train passengers who are making travel plans this season, here’s an important update for you. As per updates, the Indian Railways is planning to operate winter special trains to South India during the Christmas and New Year holidays. The Railways said that the passengers can travel in these trains to Goa, Mumbai, Shirdi, and Hyderabad
Here's the full list of winter special trains:
- Train number 04705, Bikaner-Bandra Terminus Special train, will leave Bikaner on Sunday and reach Bandra Terminus on 27.12.21 and 03.01.22.
- Train number 04706, Bandra Terminus – Bikaner Special train will start on 27.12.21 and 03.01.22 from Bandra Terminus and reach Bikaner at 28.12.21 and 04.01.22.
- Train number 09739, Dhehar ka Balaji (Jaipur) – Sainagar Shirdi Special train will start on 27.12.21 and 03.01.22 from Dhehar ka Balaji at 12.40 hrs and reach Sainagar Shirdi at 13.00 hrs on Tuesday.
- Train number 09740, Sainagar Shirdi-Dhehar ka Balaji (Jaipur) special train, will start on 28.12.21 and 04.01.22 from Sainagar Shirdi at 18.30 hrs and reach Dhehar ka Balaji at 17.40 hrs.
- Train number 09737, Jaipur – Hyderabad Special train service will start on 26.12.21 and 02.01.22 from Jaipur at 15.20 hrs and reach Hyderabad at 01.00 hrs.
- Train number 09738, Hyderabad-Jaipur Special train will start on 28.12.21 and 04.01.22from Hyderabad at 15.10 hrs and reach Jaipur at 05.25 hrs.
- Train number 09723, Jaipur – Bandra Terminus Superfast Special train will start on 29.12.21 and 05.01.22 from Jaipur at 08.10 hrs and reach Bandra Terminus at 04.55 hrs on Thursday.
- Train number 09724, Bandra Terminus-Jaipur Superfast Special train, will start on 30.12.21 and 06.01.22 from Bandra Terminus at 11.15 hrs on Thursday and reach Jaipur at 07.00 hrs on Friday.
- Train number 09621, Ajmer – Bandra Terminus Superfast Special train will start on 26.12.21 and 02.01.22 from Ajmer at 06.35 hrs on Sunday and reach Bandra Terminus at 04.15 hrs on Monday.
- Train number 09622, Bandra Terminus – Ajmer Superfast Special train will start on 27.12.21 and 03.010.22 from Bandra Terminus at 11.15 hrs on Monday and reach Ajmer at 09.10 hrs on Tuesday.
- Train number 09619, Ajmer-Vasco-da-Gama Superfast Special train, will start on 25.12.21 and 01.01.22 from Ajmer at 09.00 hrs on Saturday and reach Vasco-da-Gama at 21.45 hrs on Sunday.
- Train number 09620, Vasco-da-Gama-Ajmer Superfast special train service will start on 27.12.21 and 03.01.22from Vasco-da-Gama at 09.20 hrs on Monday and reach Ajmer at 20.00 hrs on Tuesday.
Why book IRCTC train tickets with Trainman?
First of all, Happy and Prosperous New Year 2022 to all of you in advance from the Trainman Team. Trainman allows you to book train tickets from the comfort of your own home in just a few clicks. You no longer have to stand in long lines for IRCTC ticket booking because online railway reservation with Trainman is now simple, quick, and secure.
With us, you can book trains for any destination, class, or train type. On Trainman, you can view details such as the train departure and arrival times between two specific destinations, as well as the train's PNR status. We strive to provide simple services, rewarding you with a stress-free train ticket booking experience. Travelers can easily find relevant trains, fares for various classes, time table, seat availability, and eventually make an online reservation.