The Indian Railways has pulled up its socks amid the rising fears of the Omicron variant globally and has issued new guidelines. It has now started taking precautionary steps to tackle the potential spread of the Omicron variant in the country. Now the national carrier has tightened its guidelines for train passengers to tackle the new crisis.
Strict guidelines have been issued and the railways are monitoring PSA plants, maintaining an adequate stock of oxygen cylinders, and ensuring the availability of PPE kits and testing materials. It has also stressed keeping ICU beds prepared and taking steps like vaccinating every railway worker and many more.
Indian Railways have resumed trains, loads of people are in queue to move from one part of the country to another. But this is also the time to be extra cautious to avoid getting infected. Hence, we’ve thoughtfully curated a list of safety and hygiene tips especially for train travellers:
- Buy your train tickets online. So, don’t worry about ticket booking as Trainman Website and Apps are here to help you, available in Google Play Store and App Store. Both the Apps come with more useful features like checking the PNR Status of the booked ticket, Seat Availability, Running Status and many more.
- Wear an N-95 mask and clinically approved gloves at all times during your journey. It is also advisable to carry spare disposable masks and gloves.
- Bring your bedding and pack it in a well-sanitised bag after use.
- Keep important documents and wallets in a sealed bag.
- Do not forget essentials like spare plastic pouches, hand sanitiser, water bottle, paper soap, some snacks, comfortable footwear and disposable napkins or towels.
- Maintain a safe distance (at least 6-feet) from fellow passengers and station staff.
- Once you find your berth, clean it with an alcohol-based sanitiser. Apply it on other areas as well which you may come in contact with like the berth handles and ladder (if you’re allotted the upper berth).
- Wash hands frequently and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Forbid sharing your seat/berth with fellow passengers.
- Neither share your food with anyone nor eat anyone’s offerings.
- Avoid purchasing snacks or any other item from the train station.
- In case you buy something, either make an online payment or ask the vendor to place the change in a plastic bag. Use sanitiser to decontaminate the wrapper or bottle of the purchased item before consuming.
- Be extremely cautious while using toilets and avoid touching anything especially after washing your hands with soap.
- Sanitise your hand immediately after touching the handrail, coach door handle, toilet door, etc.
- Be patient and do not hurry while boarding or de-boarding the train as it may lead to coming in contact with other passengers.
- Handle the luggage without making any direct contact with it (wear gloves while handling your bags).
- Do not discard masks, gloves or other trash at the station or outside it. Carefully place them in a sealed bag and dump them in a closed dustbin.
- As soon as you reach your destination, change your clothes and footwear, and take a hot shower.
We hope with these measures, you will surely remain safe and help in breaking the COVID-19 chain. Stay tuned to the Trainman Blog to know all the latest updates on Indian Railways.
With us, you can book trains for any destination, class, or train type as it is safe to travel. On our apps available on Google play store and Apple App Store, you can view details such as the train departure and arrival times between two specific destinations, as well as the train's PNR status. We strive to provide simple services, rewarding you with a stress-free train ticket booking experience. Travelers can easily find relevant trains, fares for various classes, time table, seat availability, and eventually make an online reservation.