Diwali and Chhath Puja are two of the most important festivals in India, especially in the northern and eastern regions. They are celebrated with great fervor and devotion by millions of people across the country.
If you are planning to travel from Delhi to Patna for these festivals, you might be wondering how to book your tickets, what are the best trains, and what are the dates and timings of these trains. Well, don’t worry, we have got you covered.
The Special Vande Bharat Express Train
The Indian Railways has announced a special Vande Bharat Express train that will run from Delhi to Patna during the festival season.
The Vande Bharat Express train number 02252 will depart from New Delhi at 07:25 am and reach Patna Junction at 7:00 pm. This train will run on November 11, 14, and 16.
The return train with the number 02251 will depart from Patna Junction at 07:30 am and reach New Delhi at 07:00 pm. This train will run on November 12, 15, and 17.
- Kanpur Central
- Prayagraj Junction
- Deendayal Upadhyaya Junction
For the special Vande Bharat Express with train numbers 02252/02251 running between New Delhi and Patna, the fare for the AC Chair Car coach from New Delhi (NDLS) to Patna (PNBE) is set at Rs. 2355, while for the AC Executive Chair Car coach, the fare is Rs. 4410.
The Other Festival Special Trains
Apart from the Vande Bharat Express train, the Indian Railways has announced 283 other festival special trains that will run till Chhath Puja this year. These trains will cater to the increased demand for travel during the festive season.
- Train No 09117/ 09118 Surat-Subedarganj-Surat special will operate four more trips from November 3 to 25.
- Train No 09045/09046 Udhna-Patna-Udhna Superfast Special will also run four more trips from November 3 to 25.
- Train No 09185/09186 Mumbai Central-Kanpur Anwarganj-Mumbai Central weekly superfast special has been increased to three trips from November 12 to 27.
- Train No 09025/09026 Valsad-Danapur-Valsad special train will make eight trips from November 6 to 26.
- Train No 04048/04047 Anand Vihar Terminal Katihar-Anand Vihar Terminal Unreserved Special Express will run four time from November 8 to 18.
- Train No 04058/04057 Anand Vihar Terminal Jayanagar-Anand Vihar Terminal Festival Special Unreserved Express will run via Kanpur Central from November 9 to 19.
- Train No 04066/04065 Anand Vihar Terminal-Patna-Anand Vihar Terminal Superfast AC Festival Special Express will run eight trips via Kanpur Central between November 6 and December 1.
- Train No 04062/04061 Delhi-Barauni-Delhi reserved festival special express will make four trips from November 5 to 27.
- Train No 01678/01677 New Delhi Gaya New Delhi reserved superfast festival special express will make seven trips via Kanpur Central between November 6 to 28.
- Train No 02250/02249 New Delhi-Patna-New Delhi Reserved Rajdhani Festival Special Express train will make four trips via Kanpur Central between November 10 to 18.
- Train No 01409/01410 Lokmanya Tilak-Danapur-Lokmanya Tilak Superfast Express will operate 21 trips via Manikpur, four days a week till December 3.
- Train No 01415/01416 Pune-Danapur-Pune weekly special train from November 10 to December 3 via Manikpur four trips.
- Train No 01037/01038 Pune-Kanpur Central-Pune weekly from November 1 to 30 via Orai and Kanpur Central five trips.
- Train No 01039/01040 Pune-Danapur-Pune five trips will be operated weekly from November 4 to December 4 via Manikpur.
- Train No 03435/03436 Malda Town Anand Vihar Terminal Chhath Puja special train will run two trips via Govindpuri between November 20 and November 28.
Travelling by train from Delhi to Patna for Diwali and Chhath Puja can be a convenient and comfortable option if you plan and book your tickets in advance. The special Vande Bharat Express train is a great option if you want to experience a fast and luxurious journey.
If you still do not have a confirmed train ticket, you can book your waitlisted train ticket with us and opt for Trip Assurance. We will make sure you reach home, kyunki iss festive season Trainman ke sath sabki #TripConfirmedHai.