The Mumbai to Ahmedabad Bullet Train project, officially named the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail (MAHSR) project, is making remarkable headway.
Envisioned to cover a total expanse of approximately 508 km, this ambitious undertaking is divided into segments of 155.76 km in Maharashtra, 4.3 km in Dadra & Nagar Haveli, and a substantial 348.04 km in Gujarat. The future high-speed rail service will incorporate 12 strategically positioned stations along its route.
Details of Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet Train
- A significant development unfolds as the government commits to operating Bullet trains on the extensive Mumbai-Ahmedabad high-speed rail corridor, spanning 508.09 km. This move serves to seamlessly connect the vital economic hubs of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- The total duration for the journey's completion is estimated to be 2 hours and 7 minutes. Along the way, there will be 10 scheduled stops in cities such as Thane, Virar, Boisar, Vapi, Bilimora, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Ahmedabad, and Sabarmati.
- A rough estimate places the total project cost at Rs. 2 lakh crore. The NHSRCL had previously indicated that the rollout of the bullet train's first phase is on track for 2026.
- Anticipated foot traffic in the corridor amounts to 17,900 individuals per day, moving in either direction.
- NHSRCL has reported that there will be 35 daily train trips, each composed of 10 car configurations featuring 24 rakes, once the system becomes operational. Additionally, NHSRCL anticipates that around 92,900 passengers will be served by the system on a daily basis.
- Boarding the train is possible for passengers from 6 am until midnight, with a 30-minute gap between each boarding
- Boarding the train will be permitted from 6:00 AM to midnight, with a 30-minute gap between each boarding window for passengers.
- The anticipated speed for the bullet train is approximately 320 kilometers per hour, while the current maximum speed limit stands at 160 kilometers per hour.
- Three different class options will be available on the high-speed train: Standard Class, Business Class, and Grand Class.
Bullet Train Operational Plan
The Operational Control Centre (OCC) for the line will be situated at Sabarmati. There will be two distinct service types provided for passengers–
- High Speed (2.58 hour journey): Ahmedabad (Sabarmati) – Ahmedabad (Kalupur) – Anand – Vadodara – Bharuch – Surat – Bilimora – Vapi – Boisar – Virar – Thane – Mumbai (Bandra Kurla Complex)
- Rapid High Speed (2.07 hour journey): Ahmedabad (Sabarmati) – Vadodara – Surat – Mumbai (Bandra Kurla Complex)