Are you a train traveller who used IRCTC for ticket booking but stopped during the COVID time? If yes, then this blog is for you, because there are some changes in the ticket booking rule that you need to know. For online ticket booking, travellers will now have to verify their mobile number and e-mail id.
Updated Railway Rule
Indian Railways has made a new rule for the users who have not booked tickets for a long time due to COVID, will have to verify their mobile number and email first, then only will be able to buy tickets from the IRCTC portal. However, if you have booked the ticket during those times, these new rules will have no effect on you. The trains have gotten back on track post-devastating stage of the corona, and so have the travellers, causing a massive increase in ticket sales.
How To Do The Verification Process Of Online Ticket Booking?
- First, log in to your IRCTC portal.
- Then, you will be redirected to a verification window where you need to enter your already registered mobile number and email ID.
- After this, you will see a verification option on the right and an editing option on the left.
- You can change the number and email ID using the editing option.
- For the verification process, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. This OTP signifies that your mobile number has been verified.
- The process is the same for email verification too. You will receive an OTP on your registered email ID.
- Enter the OTP and verify your account.
After verification, you can start booking the tickets again. And, with the very recent updates announced by Indian Railways, the number of tickets booking allowed in a month has increased. For more details you can read this blog: IRCTC Increases the Online Ticket Booking Limit. You can also book train tickets online by using Trainman website and app both.