Exciting news for all the people making travel plans via IRCTC train ticket booking online in 2022. The Indian Railways has decided to allow travel in general coaches of some of the trains with unreserved tickets starting from January 1.
Now you can travel in general coaches through unreserved tickets from the first day of New Year 2022. According to reports, Indian Railways is likely to resume the general ticket facility in 20 trains from 1 January, 2022. Earlier the railways had announced to start the general ticket facility for 13 trains originating from various cities of Rajasthan.
The Northern Railway had also announced a number of unreserved special trains between Jind, Rohtak, Sonipat, Kurukshetra, Meerut City, Khurja, Aligarh, Bareilly, Najibabad, Kotdwar, Moradabad and Sambhal Hatim Sarai. Not just this, in an announcement made earlier this year, allowed travellers to travel by unreserved tickets on 31 trains, starting 10 December 2021.
HERE’S LIST OF 20 TRAINS WITH GENERAL TICKET FACILITY
- Train Number 12531 from Gorakhpur to Lucknow; Coaches- D12 – D15 and DL1
- Train Number 12532 from Lucknow to Gorakhpur; Coaches- D12-D15 and DL1
- Train Number 15007 from Varanasi City to Lucknow; Coaches- D8 and D9
- Train Number 15008 from Lucknow to Varanasi City; Coaches- D8 and D9
- Train Number 15009 from Gorakhpur to Mailani; Coaches- D6, D7, DL1 and DA2
- Train Number 15010 from Mailani to Gorakhpur; Coaches- D6, D7, DL1 and DL2
- Train Number 15043 from Lucknow to Kathgodam; Coaches- D5, D6, DL1 and DL2
- Train Number 15044 from Kathgodam to Lucknow; Coaches- D5-D6 DL1 and DL 2
- Train Number 15053 from Chhapra to Lucknow; Coaches- D7 and D8
- Train Number 15054 from Lucknow to Chhapra; Coaches- D7 and D8
- Train Number 15069 from Gorakhpur to Aishbagh; Coaches- D12, D14 and DL1
- Train Number 15070 from Aishbagh to Gorakhpur; Coaches- D12, D14 and DL1
- Train Number 15084 from Farrukhabad to Chhapra; Coaches- D7 and D8
- Train Number 15083 from Chhapra to Farrukhabad; Coaches- D7 and D8
- Train Number 15103 from Gorakhpur to Banaras; Coaches- D14 and D15
- Train Number 15104 from Banaras to Gorakhpur; Coaches- D14 and D15
- Train Number 15105 from Chhapra to Nautanwa; Coaches- D12 and D13
- Train Number 15106 from Nautanwa to Chhapra; Coaches- D12 and D13
- Train Number 15113 from Gomti Nagar to Chhapra Kacheri; Coaches- D8 and D9
- Train Number 15114 from Chhapra Kacheri to Gomti Nagar; Coaches- D8 and D9
How do I book unreserved train tickets online?
IRCTC has launched an all-new app that will now allow you to book unreserved tickets online. The new mobile application called UTSonMobile will enable users to book and cancel unreserved tickets at any time from anywhere. The app also features a host of other facilities including cashless booking and renewals.
The new IRCTC application has been launched by the Indian Railways. It will come with a number of facilities and features like issuing and renewing season tickets, booking platform tickets, checking and loading Railway Wallet balance, user profile management and booking history.
Reserved IRCTC train ticket booking- How is it better?
With the launch of Trainman’s IRCTC online train ticket booking people get the luxurious time to browse for various trains for their journey, understand the arrival and departure stations of the train they wish to travel, plan their budget and then book their train ticket accordingly.
IRCTC train ticket booking on the Trainman app, available for both iOS and Android lets the travelers get a confirmed berth in the desired class of a train. Furthermore as an ease to travelers a unique PNR (Passenger Name Record) is generated for every ticket that is booked. Using this PNR number a user can check on the status of the train ticket online on IRCTC train ticket booking online from the comfort of their homes. Want more? Then avail exclusive cashback offers on your IRCTC train ticket booking online with the Trainman wallet.